WordPress for Beginners
WordPress for Beginners is the course for you, who want to start their own WordPress-based website or blog.
The course gives you unlimited access to 21 highly focused course units, 30 min of instructional video, and 4 tests to help you learn better.
You are introduced to the benefits of starting a self-hosted website, as well as with the cost of it. Statistics, showing the use of WordPress and other CMS worldwide in 2017, is included to help you understand how WordPress compares to old-school websites, created by developers.
You are guided through all the necessary elements of starting a website: CMS, domain, hosting, WordPress installation, choosing a theme, and customizing your new site.
You learn in detail how to approach the process to avoid mistakes. The course focuses on helping you tailor the best solution for your specific situation by presenting you to the different available options and explaining their advantages and disadvantages.
In addition, you are able to dig even deeper in various subtopics by following the available links in the text.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the advantages of switching from a subdomain-hosted blog to a stand-alone site
- Understand the necessary steps, involved in putting a site live
- Purchase a domain and edit its DNS settings
- Protect your personal details from hackers and spammers
- Purchase the right hosting and connect it to your domain
- Install WordPress on a server (cPanel)
- Create MySQL database and connect it to WordPress (cPanel and Plesk)
- Choose a theme for your new site
- Initiate the customization of your site
Each course section ends with a test (quiz) to help you learn better. Upon completion, you are awarded a certificate of completion.
- 21 highly-focused course units
- 20 minutes of instructional video
- 4 tests to help you learn
- Unlimited access to study material
- Access to exclusive discussion group for enrolled students
- Interactive learning via on-page discussion
- Certificate of completion
|Why Own Website?||00:02:00|
|Domain & Hosting|
|Use of URL and Domain||00:02:00|
|Registering a Domain||00:02:00|
|Using Privacy Protection||00:02:00|
|Connecting Domain and Hosting||00:02:00|
|WordPress for Beginners S1||00:30:00|
|One-Click WordPress Installation||00:05:00|
|Configuring and Working with FTP Client (cPanel and Plesk)||00:10:00|
|Uploading WordPress to the Server||00:05:00|
|Create and Connect a Database to WordPress (cPanel and Plesk)||00:10:00|
|Running WordPress Install Script||00:05:00|
|WordPress for Beginners S2||00:30:00|
|Introduction to WordPress Themes||00:05:00|
|WordPress Themes’ Must-Have Features||00:05:00|
|One-Click Installation of WordPress Themes||00:05:00|
|Installation of WordPress Theme via FTP||00:05:00|
|WordPress for Beginners S3||00:30:00|
|Introduction to WordPress Admin Panel||00:10:00|
|Adding Pages in WordPress||00:06:00|
|Initial WordPress Setup||00:12:00|
|Using the Customize Option in WordPress||00:06:00|
|WordPress for Beginners: Final||00:40:00|